Dunluce Bed & Breakfast
We at Dunluce operate in a unique environment on the edge of a pristine World Heritage National Park, home to numerous endangered native species.
We are committed therefore to act in an environmentally responsible way in our home , our community and our beautiful country Aotearoa New Zealand.
Here are some of the steps we have taken to minimise our impact on the environment:
- We aim to keep our landfill waste to a minimum, and to this end we take papers, plastic, glass, cardboard, tin and aluminium to the local recycling depot.
- We compost all garden waste in 4 outdoor bins, and we use the Bokashi system to compost all our household organic waste. All composted material is returned to our garden.
- We have planted many fruit trees and bushes and have a productive herb and vegetable garden.
- We use local produce whenever possible and buy local organic free range eggs.
- We use biodegradable plastic bin liners which breakdown in 18 months.
- Our toiletries are made from organically grown lavender and we use refillable pump containers to reduce plastic waste.
- We have energy efficient heating, appliances, hot water heating and lighting, and our home is well insulated and built to trap the sun's warmth.
- We use eco cleaning and laundry products.
- We welcome feedback and suggestions from our visitors.
- We support the local conservation effort at Pomona Island.